Monday, May 16, 2011

The Tangled Cake

For Jane's birthday she wanted a Tangled cake. I looked for ideas online and came to the conclusion that I was going to have to try something I'd never done before: build with Rice Krispie treats. I was nervous but I'm happy with how it all turned out. The cake took about 7 hours to decorate (I'm slow). Here are pics of the process:

Molding the Krispie Treats
Everything covered in fondant. I used wooden dowels to hold up the tower. I didn't do it perfectly so the tower leaned a bit but at least it stayed up!
The finished product.

3 comments:

Amylee said...

Honestly, I am BEYOND impressed. I can't believe it only took you 7 hours! Geez! All I did was frost a round cake and put candy all over it, and it still took me about an hour and a half. What a piece of art you created. I'm beginning to think that you might be magic....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!!!

Na said...

Absolutely fantastic. You have a real talent!

Angela said...

Gosh Whitney, you're AMAZING!!!