Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bubba's Big Boy Blanket

Grant moved out of his crib last month and into his "Big Boy Bed. We had tried this move once before and it was a disaster, but this time it magically worked. He's been doing so well in the toddler bed! When Jane moved from her crib to her toddler bed, I made her a special quilt (mainly because toddler bedding is hard to find and usually a joke or super expensive when you do). So I decided to do the same for Grant. I've had the material since last year and it's just been sitting in the closet waiting for me but over Conference weekend I got it tied and I finished up the edges this week. I'm happy with how it turned out and Grant loves sleeping under the dinosaurs!

2 comments:

Amylee said...

I love all of these updates! Um, I had no idea you knew how to quilt. Great job! It's such a cute blanket and I'm excited that the big boy bed is working out this time.

Those magic beans are a brilliant idea. I'm stealing it.

What a fun neighborhood gang! I love living in a neighborhood for that very reason.

Erin said...

You are a good mommy. My children will probably never own a quilt made for them by their mother!