Thursday, May 24, 2012

Class of 2012


 Our little girl has graduated Preschool!!!  We are so proud of her and all that she has learned in the past two years.  We had the great fortune of finding a wonderful preschool close to our home with an amazing teacher, Miss Amee.  Jane has loved every minute of preschool starting even before the first day when I took her to orientation and she screamed when we had to go. :) 
Their little graduation was darling!  Miss Amee had the kids wear their dad's dress shirts backwards and they marched in and sang different songs they had learned throughout the year, some kids got to read books to the crowd, they got to throw their caps in the air (something Jane had been anticipating for weeks), and then we all got to watch a cute slideshow/movie from the year.  I am usually not an emotional person, but I cried several times during Jane's graduation.  It was one of the only times I can remember feeling like an official parent.  Sitting there watching pictures of the kids and listening to them all laugh together about good times...made me realize that my sweet baby girl is growing up and becoming independent and making memories that I'm not in.  *sigh*

Afterwards, we went to get ice cream and Jane got beautiful lilies from her Daddy. 

No comments: