Sunday, January 27, 2008

On a more religious note. . .

I just found out that the beloved Prophet of the Church, Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley has passed away. My first recation was saddness. Pres. Hinckley was the first prophet that I have ever really connected to. His words have brought so much comfort to me in my life, and his shining example is known world wide. My second reaction was happiness. Peace. I'm so happy that he is able to be with his wonderful wife again. While I will miss him terribly, I just have to keep thinking, "He's at home with his wife. Everything is as it should be."

I am so grateful that we have prophets in our day to lead, guide, and warn us. I know that my Savior lives. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I am forever grateful for the knowledge and comfort that the gospel brings to our family. I'm grateful for the temple and the blessing that lie within it's walls. I know that I can be with my husband and daughter forever. I will miss Pres. Hinckley, but the gospel carries on.

2 comments:

Amylee said...

Amen.

Perry's said...

Loved your tribute I don't think there was a life he didn't touch in some way he was so amazing and I am so sad he had to go so soon. At least he is with his sweet wife now!

P.S. How is Trent liking the SICU?