Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Year, New Beginnings


Happy New Year everyone! We had a wonderful holiday season with Jane's first Christmas (Santa was kind), a rocking New Year's Eve, and are now on to keeping New Year's Resolutions. blah. Dang diet and exrcise. Trent has started his internship at the Hospital in the Surgical ICU and is so far really enjoying it. We were sad that he had to leave the PACU, the unit he has worked at for over 3 years, but change is good and he is learning new things. Jane has decided she no longer wants to sleep. This is truely unfortunate because Trent and I still very much would like to sleep. Turns out that we need to have her on a schedule (I fight schedules myself so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to enforce it for someone else). We have tried getting her to nap and certain times, eat at certain times, and she now has a bedtime. We kind of feel like strick parents, but apparently it is good for her, so that's all that matters. She still is without teeth, but is learning new things every day. We hope to have her crawling before long. She is making some promising efforts. :) And I have decided to take a few community classes: Beginning Italian and Self Defense. I'm super excited, if for nothing else, to just get out of the house a few times a week! Hooray!

3 comments:

Perry's said...

What, you have a blog and we were not informed? That's it, we can't even comment anything more because we are in such shock! Since we love you guys we will tell you ours it is ssperry.blogspot.com but then again I think we emailed it to you a long time ago!

Perry's said...

OK it's me again I had a few minutes to cool off and am not so upset anymore. We saw your blog on the Carters so glad we found it, I was actually going to ask you guys when you were going to start one since it seems to be the latest trend. I didn't want to start ours and then once I did I found people popping up everywhere with them. they are a fun way to keep in touch. I love all your pics Jane is so big! Trent I am glad you are liking the SICU I heard they can be brutle keep us updated on that. We were bummed about the Buckeyes the other night, wasn't that lame? You probably think, wow what a long comment - but hey we have some catching up to do on comments since we just found your blog. You guys look great. Miss you!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Okay so i'm so glad I found your blog on the Perry's! I just have to say that you have the cutest baby known to man. What is the secret to having a smiley baby like that?! Please share the secret. And also, most importantly, the donut/nursing pillow has SAVED my life this week at work. It is awesome! So thank you so much! I will get it back to you soon! I owe ya big time!