Sunday, September 7, 2008

Jane's a big girl. . .

This Satruday Trent ran a 5K that the Stake put on. He made good time and had fun. When we got home, he was stretching out and Jane sat down next to him and started stretching with him!!! It was so stinking cute!

Later in the day, Trent went to the U of U tailgate party and came home with a Jr. Ute shirt for Jane. She put it on and walked around like she owned the place. Here are the happy Utes. . .

And then today at church Jane didn't want to sit through Sunday school and by the time we got to Relief Society, she'd had it. I let her play in the hall with my friend Jenni and the little nursery kids came by on their way to snack time. She just joined right up with them!!! I kept wondering if she was doing ok so as soon as the closing prayer was done, I dashed to the nursery and peered in the window. There she was sitting nicely at the table coloring on a fish. She was perfectly content! I was so proud of her I almost cried! I went in to get her and she didn't want to leave. It was Daniel's birthday so everyone got a cupcake. She loved that! A big thank you shout out to the Ashcrofts for letting her join nursery. Hopefully they will let her back next week. . .Here she is with a cupcake covered face and her first nursery drawing (which is, of course, hanging on the fridge!)

11 comments:

Amanda said...

so cute!! She is getting so big!

Hayden Life said...

Jane is absolutely an adorable little girl but what can I expect with you as her mom!

Shiree said...

Alex likes to do yoga with me. Maybe Jane could come over and we could have a little workout.

Abby said...

How funny! That's exactly what Asher did! The little nursery line walked by while he and Justin were out in the foyer one Sunday and he just joined right with them. Needless to say Justin was talking to someone and didn't notice until after the fact, but Asher was very happy in nursery. When we went to pick him up he didn't want to leave either, we could just imagine him saying "What gives?! Here you've been dragging me along to your boring classes and there's been this room full of toys this whole time and I'm just finding out about it?!" Bishop and the nursery teachers gave the OK so now he goes every week! When they're ready, they're ready! And I love that Jr Utes picture, she is so adorable!

Sam said...

My goodness. She is one cute little girl! Grace exercises with Amy and pretends to study with me. I say pretends because I also pretend to study!
I love the shirt too...teach the correct path while they are young!!

Ryan and Mindi said...

She is getting so big and grown up!!! What a cute little girl!

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

She is soooo cute! I'm glad she will do great in nursery so your life will be that much easier on sundays. :) Such a cute family!

Thedailydansie said...

Hey Trent and Whitney,
Your little Jane is so cute! I'm glad that you saw me on Shayne and Sherri's blog. I just found yours and now I can see what you guys are up to.

Erin said...

I'm telling you nursery is the best. Tyler doesn't even notice we're gone! That is super cute that she was stretching just like Dad. Tell Trent he's inspired me to get back in shape...I'll start tomorrow!

Amylee said...

yay for Jane! She is a cutie. Cupcakes in nursery??? I'm coming next time.

Ben said...

I vote you send her to Ohio for a week. I miss that little Janie smile!!