Monday, September 15, 2008

My New Vice

Ever since I was little, I have not liked chocolate. I was laughed at all through school for this and some people just did not believe me. I couldn't do it. I did like Resses peanut butter cups (with the excess chocolate around the outside removed, of course) or the occasional Hershey's Kiss, but offer me chocolate or vanilla and I'd pick vanilla every time.

I guess this all started a few years ago when I went out to lunch with a friend at Chili's and he made me try the Molten Lava Chocolate cake. I didn't promise anything, but I gave it a go so as not to be impolite. I was surprised to have liked it. I actually had more than one polite spoonful. From then on, I started expanding my chocolate horizons with a Hershey's bar here and there or a small piece of chocolate cake when occasion permitted.

But things started getting bad when my dear, sweet sister-in-law brought me a piece of chocolate cake she'd bought from Costco. It was a beast of a cake--huge beyond belief. And moist. . .oh it just melted in your mouth. it took the two of us a week but we finished off that entire cake.

The other day I had a girls night with some friends. We indulged and bought the beastly cake from Costco. It lite a fire in me! I now actually CRAVE chocolate! I don't even know myself anymore. I bought a pack of chocolate bars the other day and told Trent they were all mine. . .I was protective of the stupid things! I never understood why people, women in particular, spoke so highly of chocolate. Now I know. I've had a taste and there's no going back now!! Of course I'm still kind of picky about what chocolate I put in my mouth but I'm pretty sure the extra pounds I've gained in the last little while are proof that I'm hooked.

4 comments:

Amylee said...

They say that pregnancy can change your taste buds... maybe it's actually true. My favorite chocolate item is a milk chocolate buttercreme truffle from See's Chocolates. Decadent. I'm still a vanilla fan, but there is a definite place for chocolate in my life.

Erin said...

Don't give in to the cravings Whitney, otherwise I'll be the only female in Utah that doesn't like chocolate.

cherilyn said...

ha ha, welcome to the club. i wasn't a fan when i was young either. :)

Tiff-E said...

I am the same way, I could not have chocolate and be just fine...but Chili's molten and Costco's huge mouse filled ones get me too!!! YUMMMMMM!