Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our New Ride

Today we got a new car! Well, new to us anyway. We got a Chevy Malibu Maxx and it's fabulous! It's a hatchback (I know, living in SLC has made us hippies) with leather interior, heated seats, a built in DVD player in the back for Jane, a sun roof in front and a moon roof in back, and automatic locks and windows. We sure feel like high rollers (even though we're really not. Trent's dad was able to get us a sweet deal on the car.) Here's a pic of the new ride. It's kind of a dark picture but if you look close you can see Trent grinning in the front seat :)

The only down side to getting a new car was that we had to give up our old one. "Joey" the Geo was a trusty car that has been with me since high school. We've been through a lot together and he's held up wonderfully through all the crap I've put him through. I didn't think it would be that hard to let a car go but I'm emotional so whatever. Here's a pic of my dear old friend. I hope he finds a good home with someone who loves him as much as I have. Bye Joey!

In other news, we will have our 20 week ultrasound on Feb. 18th and will hopefully be able to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. Let us know what you think on our little poll. . .we'll let you know as soon as we find out!

8 comments:

Erin said...

I still remember listening to the song "Two beds and a coffee machine" in Joey at lunch. Do you remember? Good times in that car my friend. I'm jealous of your new one though. A DVD player would be so helpful sometimes!

cherilyn said...

wow, that sounds like a super awesome car.
i think you're having another girl.

Jen said...

WOW! What a hot car! We are so very excited for you guys. Leather, sun/moon roofs and a DVD player...serious luxury!

Abby said...

Hey Whit,

What a fun car. Trent does look happy in that picture! I think you are having a little boy :) Oh, a new little baby to snuggle with! It makes me want to go wake up Caleb and kiss him all over, but that might not be the best idea. Maybe I'll wait until he wakes up on his own ;) Have a nice day!

Abby.

Amanda said...

Yeah! That's so exciting!

Britney said...

Sweet!! I'll trade you!

Amylee said...

Nice car! I want heated seats- my bum was way too cold on the way to school at 6:45AM this morning.
I think you are having a boy... well, actually I'm just guessing but I want you to have a boy so there you go.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! well if you had some pictures posted up of the pregnant belly i could tell you what you are having....so far i have been right for both my kids and about 10 of my friends! so get some pix up & i'll take your poll!
I had a malibu maxx, bought it brand new when they 1st came out in '04 and i LOVED that car...it had everything you could get on it. We had to sell it before we came to Germany cuz the gov. would only pay to ship one car & we had to pay for any additional vehicles and it cost a TON of money to ship vehicles overseas :( i miss my gem-that's what we called her. hope your doing good!