Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Got Milk?

So back in October we noticed some blood in Bubba's diaper. It happened again a week or so later and 2-3 times after that. We took him to the doctor and were told that he probably had a "milk protein intolerance" and the cure was for me to stop consuming milk products. I wanted a second opinion so we went to another doctor and were told the same thing, only he said that I not only should cut out milk products but also soy. (I'm actually kinda glad the doc said no soy milk. . .that stuff is nasty!) I never realized how much dairy I consumed! There is milk in EVERYTHING! I have now been milk free for a week and there has been no change with Bubba. We'll go back at the first of January to reevaluate.

4 comments:

Kate said...

if you think milk is bad soy is in even more things! soy has been the hard one to cut out even though i thought milk would be the hard one.
Good luck though, i have realized that if i want to eat stuff like bread you have to make it yourself. but there is some butter "Earth Balance" at the Whole Foods store that is dairy and soy free, which has been a life saver! anyways good luck!

Cher said...

i cut milk out too for Sam, cuz it made him gassy. so hard. but i decided almond milk is the best, really. try it.

Shiree said...

Good luck! That's a big change.

Mike and Corie said...

I hope it will work or change soon, thats kinda scary. I probably don't get enough milk since it hurts me so! haha.
seriously though, keep me posted on your little bubba! (Love the nickname! so cute!) I can't believe how big he's getting. time fly's by much much too fast