Saturday, December 19, 2009

St. George

We had the opportunity at the beginning of the month to go to St. George for our niece's baptism. We went down on Friday and discovered that a road trip with two little kids is a lot different than just cruising down by ourselves. . . we stopped in every major town from Nephi to Beaver before they finally fell asleep! We got to the hotel just in time to go swimming before the pool closed. Jane was so excited! She'd been looking forward to swimming the whole week! It was Grant's very first time swimming and we thing he enjoyed it. . .he didn't cry so that was good. The next day Cambree was baptized. She looked so beautiful and grown up and we were so grateful we could be there! It was also nice to see the whole family and get away for a weekend. Some other trip highlights were Chad and Terral's house (seriously looks like the North Pole with every Christmas decoration known to man!), staying at the hotel in a room right next to Todd and Jenn and their girls (Jane couldn't have been happier), and Hogan's mullet.

3 comments:

Amylee said...

I'm in love with Grant! He's the cutest little monkey ever! Your kids are such fish; I bet Jane was thrilled to get some swimming in (and I bet her momma was too).

The Judd Family said...

Wow! I can't believe how big Grant is getting. I hope all of you are feeling well. Thanks so much for the Christmas card. It is so cute. You look beautiful Whitney. I hope you have a Merry Christmas! Let me know when there's a good time for us to get together.

Erin said...

I know exactly what you mean about car trips. Whatever the estimated time, we add about two hours! I'm glad you got there safe and enjoyed the baptism. Merry Christmas!