Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Boot

So yesterday I was downstairs watching Law and Order and Jane starts yelling to me from her room. I jump up and dash for the stairs, but my little toe gets caught on a chair and next thing I know I'm on the ground leaking a few choice words. The pain is so bad, I'm starting to get nauseous. I look down at my foot and see that my little toe is farther from the other toes than usual so I put it back where it should go. I tend to Jane but my foot (not just my toe) are killling. When Trent got home from work, he taped it up for me. But today it was just bad news. The bruising is dark and all over the top/side of my foot and it kills to walk on it so I made a Dr.'s appointment and went in. I got the last appointment of the day and after waiting in the room for the Doc with two kids for 10 mins, I start regretting my decision to come. After 40 mins pass, the doc comes in and checks it out. I get X-rays. Turns out that I have indeed broken my little tow--the third bone from the top, the one that hooks into the foot. He told me to tape it up and wear an orthopedic boot for the next 4-6 weeks! Holy smokes, just amputate the dang thing. It's ugly anyway! But through all of this I can't help but be excited--it's my first broken bone ever! So cool! I just wish I had a better story to go with it instead of just stubbing my toe! :) The ever stylish "Boot". Should go nicely with my bridesmaid dress in a few weeks . . .

5 comments:

Amylee said...

I totally laughed my way through this post! That boot is HOT! I bet Trent can't resist you now.

Mike and Corie said...

You're hot!
p.s amazing job on all the cakes, I am so impressed!
lets get together and play soon!

Shiree said...

Very fashionable boot. I think I may be most impressed with you getting through such a long doctor's appointment with two kids, though. Two minutes with kids in a doctor's office feels like 20 to me! Good luck in your healing. :)

Erin said...

So sorry about the toe. That is no fun. I agree with Amy, that boot is hot!

Na said...

Agreed, that is pretty HOT foot gear! Hope you heal soon!