Friday, May 28, 2010

Wilton Cake Classes

This year in my New Year's Resolutions I resolved to take a class, any sort of class, just so that I felt like I was learning again. I found Cake decorating classes at the local craft store and signed up. Last night I finished the last of three courses. I have had such a blast learning about cake decorating and getting to play with frosting each Thursday night. A big thank you to my Aunt Charlene for taking the kids every week! Here are some pics of the cakes I've been able to do since I started the classes in March.

My first cake.
A cake for all the March birthdays in the Bassett Family.
My Mom's birthday cake
A cake I made for a friend of my Aunt.
Cupcakes I made for a good friend's bridal shower.
Course 2 final project. Check out the Basket-weave on the sides of the cake. LOVE this cake!
My very first cake covered in fondant. Love that stuff! It's like culinary Play-doh!
Jane's Birthday cake. Only Princesses for my little Princess.
Course 3 final project. Fondant covered cake, fondant roses, and a butter-cream border.

7 comments:

Shiree said...

VERY exciting to learn new things. The cakes look spectacular.

Michelle Evans said...

It's so fun to see what you've been up to lateley. I'm sooooo sorry about your toe! That sounds horrible!! Your cakes are gorgeous! You're amazing! Hope all is going well! Tyler says to say hi to Trent and the kiddos too.

Erin said...

Cake, yum! Your are so talented. Seriously. You can bake a cake and make it pretty and give it to me anytime you want.

Na said...

Amazing! You are so talented!

Vivian said...

I have always wanted to take a cake decorating class. Maybe this year will be the year. Those cakes look awesome!

Mindi said...

Whit those cakes look amazing! I have been actually thinking about taking a cake decorating class. Was it expensive?

Perry's said...

Look at you go, if I were close I'd have to buy one off you since I am terrible. Godd for you to learn something new. I can only do fondant but I love it, it is like playdough for an adult!!!