Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Wedding & A Reunion

We had quite the weekend these past few days! To start things off, one of my best friends in the whole world (since we were babies) got married. Katie and Shawn were hitched at the Salt Lake temple on Friday. They couldn't have asked for a better day! The sun was shining and it wasn't too hot. Katie looked stunning and happy but by the end of the day they were both exhausted! I had the pleasure of walking around the temple grounds with them to get pictures. I loved watching my friend of 27 years kiss her new husband, look so happy, and (as we always do) laugh and bicker. She has always helped everyone else look pretty for their weddings or school dances and it was so great to see her have her day!

The next morning at 5:15 am we got up to head out to St. George for a family reunion on the Bassett side. When we got there, it was hot and windy and not what we were expecting so we ended up getting a hotel room instead of camping out. But despite my bad attitude, Jane had a lot of fun with her cousins.

2 comments:

Amylee said...

Katie looked stunning! Her dress was so gorgeous! I'm glad she got her perfect day. I bet it was so fun for you to be there for your longest time best friend. Love you girls!

Kellee said...

I had to look to see whose blog I'd clicked over too. Katie and I worked together in the office and in foods at Cherry Hill for five years. I never knew you guys were best friends. Small world!