Monday, August 23, 2010

Extreme Yard Makeover

Our big project since the spring was to get our yard in shape. When we bought our house, there hadn't been anyone living in it for over a year so the yard was a bit atrocious. Starting in March we poured a new cement pad for the deck stairs, built new deck stairs, put a railing up on the deck, tour out all the vegetation (most of it weeds and crabgrass), tilled and tilled and tilled, put in a sprinkler system and drip lines in the back yard (thank you Bassett boys!!!), put in curbing, planted flowers(thanks mom!), planted a vegetable garden, planted a peach tree, and hydro-seeded. It has been a very busy season for us but we feel like all the work has paid off. here are some before and after pics:

Before:
After:
Side Yard Before:
Side Yard After:
Back yard Before/during:
Back yard After:Vegtable garden:
Deck before:
Deck after:

13 comments:

Erin said...

Your yard seriously looks amazing! I'm so proud of you guys. I just weeded this morning and acknowledge how much hard work that entire yard must have been. It sure paid off!

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

Wow! That's incredible. You did such an amazing job, you guys. Aw, someday... haha

Kate said...

amazing!

Amylee said...

Amazing!!!! Time for the Nicoll's to come down for a BBQ! I havne't read the comments, but I bet all of the others said the same thing. Oh well, I still think we should do it. Plus, your cupcake stand misses it's mama.

Nina said...

Wow!! It looks great!

Mindi said...

WOWOWOWOWWOW! That looks so so good. I am so jealous I can't stand it!

Kellee said...

Gotta love those before and after pictures--what a huge difference. Your hard work really paid off, it looks gorgeous!

Brian_n_Amy said...

WOW! Whit, that looks INCREDIBLE! You guys have done an amazing job! I wish our yard looked half as good as yours!

Natasha said...

Your yard looks awesome! :) Congrats on a job well done! I am a little jealous...ours is still in the "before" stage of remodel.

Na said...

Looks great!

Jocelyn Kay said...

Omigosh! You guys did more than a fantastic job. I can't believe how beautiful it is. You guys should be landscapers :). We miss you guys. Sorry we didn't make it out to the rodeo, I just wasn't feeling well enough to make the long drive both ways and be gone till late. I am a lammo. Love you guys though.

Shiree said...

There is a definite difference between the before and after pictures. Nice work!

Mike and Corie said...

HOLY CRAP.. it looks amazing, I am very impressed. WOW WOW WOW!!!