Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Someday My Prince Will Come

The other day Jane and I were playing inside while Trent was out on the deck fixing Christmas lights. Suddenly, Jane jumped up, said, "I have to go potty", and started running for the bathroom. On her way she got distracted when she saw Trent out on the deck. She paused, walked to the window, put her face as close as she could to it, then began singing, "Someday my Prince will come. . . . .and tickle me! tickle me! tickle me!" then she ran to the bathroom.

That girl LOVES her dad. Once we were talking and I told Jane, "One day you will find your prince." She responded, thoughtfully, "Yeah. Right now he's at work."

At night she prays that she will get to "marry daddy in a white dress". If we forget to pray for that, she quickly reminds us.

One day I explained that she couldn't marry daddy because mommy already married him. She got a stern look on her face and said, "Mom, you need to share!!!"

3 comments:

Michelle Evans said...

:) Love it! So cute! Glad all is well with you guys! Can't believe how fast Jane and Grant are growing! :)

Amanda said...

haha! That is so cute!

Cher said...

ha ha, just saw this post. that is so funny. glad she loves him. :)
and good luck in AZ! at least it's warmer there