Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Beach

The best part of California? The Beach. The main reason for going to California? The Beach. The cheapest activity in California? The Beach. Gotta love it. We went as often as we could. The water was freezing but that didn't deter Trent from getting in. He brought his wet suit(and more to share). I wasn't brave enough to get in but had a fun time playing with the kids on the beach. We dug holes, built sand castles, flew kites, buried each other, and dipped our toes in the surf.

Walking down to the beach with our little guyBuilding sand castlesFlying a kite with Aunt KatrinaBubba stealing Trent's body boardThe last day we went to the beach, all the guys got in. There was a rip tide that was taking them way down the beach so the lifegaurd told them to go down to another part of the beach. After a while, my dad came back and sat down on the mats. I was building castles with the kids but I could hear my mom and brother gasping and hudling around my dad. I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't make out detail, but he didn't seem to be bleeding or anything so I went on with my castle. After a few more "eewww"s I had to see what was up. I went over and he showed me his finger--totally crooked! It was so unnatural! He had tried to dive under a wave and hit the ocean bottom and dislocated his middle finger. He was laughing about it so we knew he was ok. He tried to put it back in but couldn't so then Trent tried to pop it back in and couldn't so we asked the lifeguard if he could pop it back in but legally he wasn't allowed (my dad was so embarrassed we even got the lifeguard!) so we headed out and Trent took him to the ER where the doctor manipulated his finger until it was back where it was supposed to be. Turns out it was hyper-extended and dislocated. Needless to say it was an eventful day at the beach!

The guysThe crooked finger (you can't tell as much in the picture, but believe me: it was BAD)The lifeguard coming to the rescue (not really. thanks for the ice pack though.)Grant taking off with the lifeguard's buoy. Little thief. . .

3 comments:

Erin said...

The beach really is the best thing! I have yet to go tide pooling though. I am jealous you had such a good time in the sun.

Na said...

I'm wishing for the beach right now. Glad I got to go there vicariously through your blog.

Amylee said...

I am totally laughing out loud! I love that it was his middle finger!!!!!! Ha ha ha!