Thursday, July 5, 2012

Grant's Carnival


 I love throwing a party, especially for my kids.  This year is Trent's big 3-0 and so I had started planning a big surprise party for him when he told me flat out he didn't want a party.  Bummer.  So I channeled all that party-planning energy into Grant's birthday.  We only do big friend parties for the kids every other year and this was his year so I started planning months ago.  And with the help of Pinterest, I had the perfect party for him.  The invites turned out great.  I had the theme and the goodies and the prizes and the games.  I had this party planned down to the very last detail.
Morning of the party: It hasn't rained all summer but today it decided to be a rainy day.  Good for the firefighters, bad for the party planner.  Just a bump in the road.  Grant woke up with a terrible cold.  I scrambled to get to Wal-Mart to get the balloons and wouldn't you know it, they were out of helium. By noon I was ready to go nuts.  But the show must go on.  So I called and scheduled our clubhouse then ran door to door in the rain knocking on doors telling everyone the party had changed locations.  My sweet Aunt came and got the kids and took them on an adventure while I decorated the cake and by 4:30 we were set with the "new party", just as the clouds cleared and the sun came out.
Long story short, we had a wonderful party for Grant.  Although it didn't go quite as planned, all of his guests showed up, the games were played, the food eaten, the candles blown out, and the boy was happy.  I'd consider that a success, even if it wasn't perfect.  A big thank you to our families for all the help they gave us with games/booths/wrangling children.  Thank you to the kids who came for all the amazing gifts you gave to Grant.  He is all set for like 4 years now!  So generous of you.  And thank you to my unbelievable husband for all he did to make this happen.  Now for the pics!
The Cake
The Ring Toss.  Thanks Cathy!
The Pin Drop.  Thanks Charlene!
The Can Knockdown and the Amazing husband

The Beanbag Toss.  Thanks Mom!
Blowing out the candles.  My bro Zach brought colored flame candles for the cake.  They were awesome!
Thanks!
Face Painting. Thanks Dad! (Thanks for the paints, Amy.  We missed you!)

Opening presents.  The kid got spoiled but look how happy he is! What a cute little tiger!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love your cake. Your dad is the perfect face painter! Sorry it rained and that Grant had a cold. It looks like a complete success though! Well done loves!