Sunday, July 15, 2012

Real Men Tri at 30

All set up and ready to start
 For Trent's big 3-0 he wanted to run a Sprint Triathlon.  He had a hard time sticking to a training schedule with school but he didn't back out.  So yesterday, for his birthday, we woke up at 4:30 am (the kids were thankfully at my Aunt's) and drove up to Echo Reservoir.  Trent rode his bike over to the "transition area" and I took a shuttle in.  He was nervous but excited.  Before long, it was time to start.  His first event was swimming.  Swimming is Trent's thing.  I actually think he may be part fish. . .but he was still nervous about it.  The 1/2 mile swim took no time at all and he was soon out and running for the transition area to gear up for his bike ride.  He seemed tired but he rode on.  After the 12 mile bike ride, he dropped off his bike gear and headed out for a 5K run.  I was tired just watching these people do this!  Some looked like death.  Some looked like it was a walk in the park.  Trent looked spent but he's not a quitter.  About a mile and a half from the finish, his legs started cramping up.  Charlie-Horses ripped through his legs but he still managed to finish!  I was so proud of him!!!  He did it, and with very little training (he won't make that mistake again).  He says he wants to do it again . . . just not any time soon.  Happy 30th Birthday Trent!  You amaze me!
Trent is smack-dab in the middle of the picture. Not the guy at the bottom of the pic, but one up from him.
Done with the Swim
Headed out on the bike
Last event--the run.
He made it!!!
The massage after.  Is that cute girl rubbing my husband's bum?!?!?  Why yes she is, and boy does he looked pleased! :)

5 comments:

Amylee said...

Aaaaahhhhh!!!! This is so awesome! Trent has some guns! I think a tri would be so stinking hard. Great job, Trent! The massage after is the best part.

Kellee said...

Yeah Trent! Happy 30th and awesome job with the race! I have to tell you that I was laughing because in the picture of Trent on the bike, the people off to the side of the rode (do you know them?), are best friends with my cousin's family--the Curtis' (pictured is the dad, Marty, his wife and youngest daughter). Anyway I thought it was funny to look at the picture and see my friend Trent and then someone I know from a completely different facet of life all in one picture together.

kalie said...

Haha! That last picture is great. Way to go, Trent! I am inspired!

Mike and Corie said...

Awesome job trent!!! The massage at the end looked like the funnest part. ha ha.
such an accomplishment!

Erin said...

That last pictures makes me laugh out loud. Great job Trent! What a way to celebrate turning 30.