Monday, October 27, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Tonight we carved our pumpkins. It was such a blast!!! Last year Jane just stared at them and smiled. This year she got her hands (and face and arms and tummy) dirty. She loved to feel the pumpkin 'guts' and every couple of minutes she would yell "Whoa!!!" She even tried to eat the pumpkin and its guts. (Heck, she doesn't eat veggies so I thought this was at least a step in the right direction. . .) Trent, as always, went all out and carved a picture. I did an angry pumpkin, probably because I've been watching way too many scary movies on AMC. And for Jane's pumpkin we tried to recreate her Jack-O-Lantern smile, poor crooked teeth. . .






P.S. I just made the best batch of pumpkins seeds ever! mmmmmmmmmmm

6 comments:

Erin said...

They look great! I'm amazed you can watch so many scary shows. We got our pumpkins last night and Tyler must have screamed "paggin" like nine times! I agree, it has been too long since we've played.

Amylee said...

I NEED PUMPKIN SEEDS!!! That is another favorite memory of fall :o). AMC is hopelessly addicting. I'm sad to say that I've been to busy to watch as much as I'd like. It's very disappointing. Especially because I really want to see Pet Cemetary.

cherilyn said...

ha ha, i love the "wow!" lucy says that all the time too.

kalie said...

Give out your recipe for pumpkin seeds! I'm experimenting with different ones this year.

Brian_n_Amy said...

Those are awesome! I can't believe how much Jane looks like you. I LOVED the picture of her eating the pumpkin...that was AWESOME!

Jeff and Chelsi Pulley Family said...

Hey Trent what is going on buddy?? Nice work on the pumpkin carving. Lehi boys seem to be pretty good and produce activities. jk. So we need to catch up. Give me a call sometime I want to see how your school is coming along. Take it easy buddy.

-JEFF