Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Break

This past week was Trent's Fall Break from school. We took advantage of the extra time with him and did all sorts of fun things. On Monday was the annual Bassett Family Halloween party. It was a blast and, as always, Cathy B. out-did herself! Jane had fun playing with the cousins and eating all sorts of treats and I had fun watching peoples reactions driving down to Lehi in rush hour traffic with mime makeup on (the gas station was the best! people would give me the weirdest looks! loved it!)






Thursday we went and had a family day out at Boondocks. We played a round of mini golf. Trent won, of course, and Jane loved playing with all the rocks along the path. I am definitely rusty on my golf skills but still had fun whacking that little ball around. After golf we went inside to the arcade and played all sorts of games. Jane loved the Whack-a-Mole, but only if we were doing it. . .it scared her to hit those moles popping up. We won enough tickets to get her a little stuffed animal puppy and some other little toys. It was the best family outing we have had in a long while. After Boondocks we got Trent some real nursing shoes and got to visit our good friends Rob and Jocelyn. They are expecting their first baby this November and we couldn't be more excited for them!

golf girl



whack-a-moleOur prizes!



Friday my mom came to watch Jane so Trent and I could go on a hike. We went up to Brighton ski resort and hiked up to two little lakes up there. We couldn't have asked for a better day! There was snow up on the mountain so it was a bit (and by "bit" I mean really) slushy but the lakes were beautiful and it was nice to spend time together.

Trent at Dogwood Lake (there really is a 'lake' in those weeds, promise)

Me at Lake Mary (I'm not in the picture, but I was there :) )


Today was my brother Jon's homecoming talk in church. It was so wonderful to hear him talk about his mission and his experiences. He has grown so much I don't even know what to think! What a guy! We got to visit with family and friends after and it was great to see people I haven't seen in a long time.

All in all it was a great week. Tomorrow it's back to the grind but at least Halloween in coming up fast. . .

5 comments:

Abby said...

Hey Whit, You look fantastic as a mime! What a fun week it sounds like you guys had. That looks like a great hike. I love fall break and spending time with our little families! See you later friend.

Erin said...

I love your mime costume! Jane is only getting cuter. I loved the pigtails! I was just thinking today, when are we going to get together? What days work for you this week or next?

Amylee said...

That is a great week! I have forgotten how beautiful Lake Mary is. You are so brave to take Jane mini golfing. She's such a trooper.

Amanda said...

i miss you and how much you love halloween! I bet your house has bats or spiders hanging from the ceiling! Hope you're having fun! We'll be there in a few weeks, lets get together

Shiree said...

Awesome job with Jane's robe! It looks great. She is an awesome Hermione.