Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

Here in the Bassett house we are getting ready for Christmas. Last week, I was sick so Trent took Jane to go pick out our Christmas tree. She loved it!!! She wanted to touch all the trees and was so proud of the one they brought home. She helped Trent get it all ready for the house and then she helped us decorate it with lights. She even learned how to say "tee!"(short for tree).


We also had the opportunity last weekend to go and see the lights at temple square. It was a tad bit cold but Jane loved all the twinkling lights and esp. loved the water at the conference center and in temple square. There weren't as many trees decorated as I remember there being but it was still a beautiful sight and there is always that special spirit around the temple.

Monday for Family night we got together with some friends to have dinner and make gingerbread houses. It was such a blast! Jane got to meet baby Riley, play with Tyson, and get hopped up on sugar. Brittany made a wonderful dinner and already had the houses constructed to all we had to do was decorate! It was so good to see friends we don't get to see very often.


This weekend we are looking forward to Christmas parties with Santa. . .we will see how Jane likes the man in red. She yells his name ("Tan-ta") every time she sees a picture of him so we are hoping that enthusiasm will carry over to actually sitting on his lap.

Jane Helping Trent wrap, tag, and bow my present. She loves bows and tries to stick 3-4 on each present!

4 comments:

madbug said...

Whit! I can't believe how big Jane is! Seems like she was just born yesterday! You and Trent made such a beautiful girl! Merry Christmas my friend!!

Erin said...

She really is a good little helper! Your tree looks great. Let us know how she does with Santa. Tyler loved him and at least three times a day says "Santa lap!" I think I'm more excited for Christmas with him than I ever was when I was little.

Ryan and Mindi said...

Your family is so cute!!! We really need to get together so you can meet Wilson!

Amylee said...

Lucky! A helper! I have a destroyer on the other hand. I've given up on bows the last two years. Hope you are feeling better! I know you love the Christmas tree event. Love you and I can't wait to see you on Tuesday.