Monday, December 15, 2008

Santa. . .

. . .did not go over well. Jane got to visit the man in red three times this weekend. The first was at the Bassett family Christmas party. She chanted his name all day and then when he came in the room, she tensed up. When I went to put her on his lap, she screamed and tried to get off.


The second time was here at the apartments where Santa came to visit everyone in the Village. I thought she might do better if she went with her BFF Kelli but turns out they were both afraid so instead of one screaming kid, we had two with big tears running down their cheeks. (Trent says she looks like she's laughing in this picture. Believe me, she was not)

The third time was at Trent's work party. I knew better than to set her on his lap and instead went for Mrs. Clause. No dice. She practically crawled up my back just walking towards them and then shook like a leaf when we got there.

I really hope next year goes better. She still gets excited when she sees a picture of Santa or sees him on TV. Guess he's just better from a distance :)

6 comments:

Amylee said...

I am laughing out loud!!!!! Will wasn't a fan of the big guy either. Last year I got a picture of him right before he burst into tears. Lucky me :o). This year he will probably do the same thing. These poor kids have stranger anxiety! See you tomorrow friend!!!!!

Brian_n_Amy said...

Awww! That is so sad but at the same time freakin' hilarious!

I had taken Talitha twice and the first time she was okay but when I took her the second time I was allowed to take 3 pictures with my camera. As I took the the last picture, she was just getting so upset. The last Santa we took her to was really kind of weird and creepy. I can't say that I blame her.

cherilyn said...

ha ha ha! we haven't tried taking lucy yet, maybe we won't this year.

Erin said...

I wonder what it is about Santa that scares them so much. I'm sure Jane doesn't cry that hard with other new people. Doesn't she know that Santa is a gift bearing jolly old man? Maybe the 4th time is the charm!

Ryan & Michelle said...

That is soooo funny! Maybe next year things will be different! Merry Christmas my friend and a Happy New Year!

Ryan & Michelle said...

That is soooo funny! Maybe next year things will be different! Merry Christmas my friend and a Happy New Year!