Thursday, June 25, 2009

All in a Day

What a day we have had. I should be going to bed instead of writing this, but oh well. As some of you know we did the closing paper work for our house on Tuesday. It was an exciting thing that made me feel like an actual adult (could it be?!). We had been told that it would record the next day (Wednesday) and then we would have possession. Not the case. Yesterday went by with much difficulty and problems and in the end, they said that probably the next day we would have possession.

That brings us to today. We got up bright and early and fixed some paperwork that they had messed up on for the closing and ran it out to West Jordan. After that I had my weekly OB/GYN appointment. Trent had the day off so I left Jane home with him and ran up to the appointment. The doctor did his little exam and said that I was barely dilated to a 2 and that I hadn't really thinned at all. Good news. Then he checked the baby's position. He wasn't quite sure with just feeling so he brought in an ultrasound machine. He put the wand high on my belly and immediately said, "Yep, we have a breech baby here". So all those kicks to my bottom and dancing on my bladder were actual kicks and dancing because little man is head up! So tomorrow I get to go into Labor and Delivery and have a procedure called External cephalic version where they try to manually, from the outside, turn the baby around. It has a 50% success rate. If they can't turn him, I will have to have a C-section. If, in the process of turning him, Little Man's heart rate should drop or something else go wrong, I will have to have an emergency C-section. But if they can turn him, I will be able to wait it out and have him normally. That would be the best option. He is healthy and happy he just doesn't like to turn. Already a trouble maker :)

After I got home from my appointment, Trent started packing things up in his Blazer in hopes that we'd soon get possession of the house and he could start the repairs out there. Sure enough, at around 1:00pm our Realtor called to tell us the house was ours!!!!!!!!! That's right, it's official, we have a house!! Trent ran out to the house and started knocking the bad wall down and my little bro met him out there and started ripping out the carpet. By the time Jane and I got there around 4:30, the wall was gone and the carpet removed. My mom had also beat us out there and cleaned all the bathrooms! I can not say what a huge blessing family is!!!! Later my Aunt and Trent's parents showed up and everyone helped either with the house or with watching Jane. Trent's still out at the house framing up the new wall and tomorrow, if all goes well at the hospital, he'll go out and finish up the wall so that we can start painting on Saturday!

What a long and exciting and scary day. Here's praying that Little Man will turn and Trent can work miracles with sheet rock!

8 comments:

The Judd Family said...

Holy cow Whit! What some news! I am so excited that you have your house. That is awesome. We close on our house today. I am so excited. Yours went really fast. Crazy news about your baby. I sure hope he turns for you. C section scares me. That is wonderful that you have so much help. I am sure excited for you. I hope everything continues to go well.

Erin said...

My goodness! What an emotional day. I will pray that the little man cooperates today so that you can get settled into the house a little before he comes. I love you more than my luggage!

Mindi said...

Congrats!!!! That is just so exciting. Now you live close to me! Well I hope everything went well with the little man and he will stay in until you are ready for him! Lots of love!

Cher said...

wow, i hope he turns around and you can have him in a few days. can't wait to see pictures of him. good luck with everything!

Amylee said...

SO EXCITED FOR THE HOUSE!!! I'm a little nervous about your procedure. If you have him early, I hope he's okay (which I'm sure he will be), but I really hope you don't have to go through with a C Section. The little stinker! I'm thinking about you like crazy right now and hope you guys are doing well. I love you.

Britney said...

Wow! Good luck with your procedure tomorrow, we will be praying for you! Let us know if we can help at all. I'd be happy to help with Jane and I'm sure there are things Joe can help with at the house! Just let us know!!!

nicole chandler said...

I hope all goes well, Awesome you have a house that is so great, I added you to my blog I just starting getting going and found so many to add, if you want to add mine it is neverendingsports.blotspot.com, Wanted to say Hi and good luck with all that is coming this week,
Nicole Chandler

Tiff-E said...

Wow Whit...you have had a ton going on lately!!! What is it about life going crazy right before you have a baby??? I'm so excited for you guys and everything that is going so well for you...and don't worry, life will slow down...sometime!!! Ha! :)