Thursday, July 2, 2009

Disconnecting

So this will be my last post for a while. We move into our new home tomorrow morning and we don't have Internet out there yet.

The house has done a 180 in the past week. In just one week exactly, we've been able to pull up the carpet, tear down a wall, build a wall (framed, wall boarded, mudded, textured, and painted), paint the entire house (upstairs and down every room and closet), clean, tear up the weeds in the front, fix the leaking shower, and get carpet (well, technically that will all be in tomorrow). We honestly could not have done it without the help of our families. They have been true blessings this past week staying at the house until midnight, working in the hot house without complaining, pitching in where ever there needed something to be done, watching Jane, bringing us dinner, etc. I can not even express our gratitude to them right now. Because of everyone's hard work, we have a home to move to. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post pictures of the finished product when we get the net again.

Baby update: the turning of the baby worked! He is now head down. I consider it a miracle seeing as those procedures have a 50% success rate. It was mighty painful but totally worth it! The doctor does not want to run the risk of Little Man turning up-right again so he will be inducing me on Monday morning! So if all goes well, we will get to meet our son in less than 4 days!!!! I can't wait!

Hope that everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend! Go USA!

7 comments:

Brian_n_Amy said...

Congrats on the house! Sounds like you guys have been mighty busy!

Good luck on Monday when you'll hopefully get to meet your "Little Man." I hope all goes well for you!

The Judd Family said...

Hey Whitney! I am so glad that your house is ready to move into. That is wonderful! I am also very excited that your baby turned down. I am sad that it was painful. I hope everything will go well with being induced. You are one tough chick. You are in my prayers. Bye the way, where is your house located? Our carpet came late, so we won't get it installed until Monday, which means we won't get to move in until the middle to the end of the week. Man it is a long process. I sure miss ya. When everything gets settled down, let's try to get together. Take care and good luck with everything.

Erin said...

I'm glad you are feeling somewhat settled in the house before little man comes. And I'm surprised that all that hard work hasn't sent you into labor yet. My goodness.

I can't wait to see/hear/meet the little one. Best of luck on Monday. I'll give you a call on Tuesday.

Amylee said...

Good luck sweetheart. I can't wait to hear all about your little guy. Families are definitely the best. I love you and pray all goes well.

Tiff-E said...

Yay for somewhere to live! I can't believe all you guys got done...your families really are AMAZING!!! I wish I could've helped...we have a little experience with houses that need lots of work...Good luck tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abby said...

Hey Whit,

I sure hope everything goes well today!!! You and little man are in my thoughts. What a great day for having a baby. He and I will have the same birthday! I miss you guys already. I love you and can't wait to come see you and the baby.

Love, Abby.

Miss Kris said...

What a great family you have! I can't believe how much work you put into the house in such a short time. That will be so fun to bring your sweet little guy home to a new house!