Monday, July 13, 2009

One Week Old

Our little man is now one week old! We have finally decided on a name: Grant Mitchell Bassett. Grant after my Grandpa and Mitchell after Trent's dad. While it's nice to finally have a name for him, we still call him Chomper (because of his vigorous eating habits!)

We are adjusting slowly. Jane loves her brother--sometimes a little too much. She thinks it's hilarious when he gets the hiccups and loves to give him kisses and hugs. Trent is doing well dealing with me and taking care of Jane for most of the day. He has also gotten a lot done around the house unpacking and fixing the sprinklers. As for me, I am recovering nicely. Much faster than last time. Here are some pictures from Chomper's first week of life. Enjoy!Getting ready for the Big Show

Introducing Mr. Grant Mitchell Bassett 8lbs 4 oz

Me and my little man

My boys

Jane meeting her brother for the first time

Our first family of 4 picture.

Chompy all ready to go home

One week old

Obviously not Chomper, but thought this was so cute of my Jane. Our little pant-less cowgirl :)

11 comments:

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

So cute!!! You did good. And what a great picture of Jane too. Miss you guys!

Mindi said...

He is soooooo cute!!! Looks like Jane loves him! Congrats!!!!!! Love you guys!

Erin said...

You look fantastic for just giving birth! He is so handsome. I can't wait to come and see him. Jane is beautiful...watch out boys!

Ryan & Michelle said...

I love the name! He is sure handsome! Lots of hair too!

Andra said...

Congratulations Whitney! I can't believe you are the mommy of two. Jane is stunning. And you look great yourself. Got your brother's wedding invite in the mail! so awesome. Kat is a great girl.
take care of you.
loves
andra

The Judd Family said...

Ohhhh, He is so cute. You look amazing Whitney! I am so excited for you guys. When things get settled down, we need to get together. Let me know when you would like to. I hope everything is going well

shay said...

He is co cute!!! I am so excited for you!!! What a cute fam!!!

Miss Kris said...

He's adorable! And Whit, you look FANTASTIC! You don't look like you just had a baby at all. I hope you're enjoying your new little one and your new house. So fun!

Shiree said...

Yay! He looks awesome, as do you. I am glad that craziness is kind of settling down for the Bassett's! Love you guys!

Kelli said...

Oh Whit, he is perfect!!

Amylee said...

Who needs pants with a smile like that? I love that Jane! I think Grant looks a bit like her. He's a little munchkin! I can't wait to see YOU. I can't tell you how glad I am that I've had someone to go at this second child thing. It's nice to have someone that totally understands. Good luck with the eating thing. I love you to pieces. Feel free to call me anytime- even at 3 AM.