Tuesday, July 7, 2009

He's Here!!!

Little Man Bassett was born yesterday (Monday, July 6th) at 2:38 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 4 oz and has strawberry blonde hair. He looks just like Trent and his dad! Total Bassett boy :) The Labor and Delivery went really well. We got to the hospital at around 9:00 am and got started right away. There was a short ultrasound to make sure he was still head down and then they immediately hooked me up to the pitocin. As soon as that was flowing, they gave me my epidural. Good times. Except it only worked on one side so while my left side felt like Jello, my right side really started to feel the contractions. No fun!! They came in and gave me an extra dose of the medicine and rolled me on my side and then the right side started to numb up. They broke my water and at around 2:00 it was time to push. I was expecting at least an hour seeing as how I pushed for 3 1/2 with Jane and this little guy hadn't really dropped all that much. Well, I got to push through 2 contractions and he was here! He came out and was perfect and cried and then came and cuddled with his mom. The past day has been really nice. He's a great sleeper and a wonderful eater (I've nick named him Chomper because he really has a firm bite when eating. ouch!). Jane came yesterday and today for a visit and she adores him! She loves to hug and kiss him and hold him. We just need to work on being soft. . . We get to go home tomorrow and still need to decide on a name. We'll see how that goes. We get internet at our house on Thursday so I'll post pictures then. Until then, here's one my little brother took today.

17 comments:

nicole chandler said...

Congrats! I am so glad to hear that everything went so well. You needed this to be easier, as life has been so crazy lately for you all. He is Beautiful and I agree he looks like Trent. Get rest and if you need help call me Jane can come over and play for the day, 801-856-1686 I really mean that, I only work on Wednesday and Thursdays. Enjoy snuggling with him, Take care, The Chandlers

Abby said...

Ahhhhh! I love him already!! He's my little birthday buddy. That for sure means we'll be friends! Whitney, I am so glad everything went well. You're awesome! I can't wait to meet him. Love you, and good luck with everything!

Britney said...

YEAH!! Congratulations!! He's a handsome little guy!! We are so excited for you and glad that everything went good! Let us know if we can do anything for you! We can't wait to meet the little guy in person!

Jen said...

He is perfect! You guys make cute kids! I'm glad labor went so smoothly. You deserved something easy. We love you and can't wait to see little man again!

Erin said...

What a big boy! I forget how big Jane was. I'm also SUPER glad you didn't have to push for 3 hours. You deserved a nice easy labor and delivery.

He is truly adorable. I've been thinking about you since Monday morning. I'll call you later this week once you've gotten settled. Love you more than my luggage!

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

Congratulations you guys!! How wonderful. He's so cute - you did good. ;) I'm glad everything is going well. Good luck in your new place and with your expanded family.

Mindi said...

He looks just perfect! I am so glad things went well and lots faster this time! I look forward to meeting the little guy!

Jenny said...

He's adorable! I'm so happy for you guys!

Kate said...

What a handsome little guy! He definitely makes me want a little boy now. I'm glad the labor went well, (i had the half body epidural too, but I loved the second dose!) anyways Congrats, you have such an adorable little family!

Cher said...

congrats! what a beautiful picture. sounds just like my little guy, good eater, strong bite, good sleeper, and a loving big sister. perfect!
he does look like trent

Anonymous said...

ohhhh, he's so cute! congratulations! glad to hear everything was smooth sailing! Hope all is well!

amber said...

He definitely looks like his daddy! What a cutie! Boys are so fun! I'm glad things went well. Congratulations! We can't wait to meet him! Are little boys will have to be buddies.:)

Amylee said...

Oh my goodness- he is a Mini-Trent!! I can't wait to hold him; we'll have to just switch babies for a few minutes I suppose.

I'm glad everything went well! What a miracle considering he was breech. You are a lucky gal! I can't wait to hear more details about the delivery when I see you.

I'm still sending you some name vibes...

Amanda said...

Congratulations! He's perfect

The Judd Family said...

Hooooorrraaayyyy!!! We am so excited for you! That is wonderful. Congratulations! We are glad that everything went so well. He looks so cute.

kalie said...

Congratulations, Whitney and Trent! He is absolutely beautiful!

Ryan & Michelle said...

So I just visited Amylee's blog to see if she had her baby yet and when I saw your comment I thought, "I wonder if Whit has had the baby yet?" Ta Da!!! Congrats!! He's beautiful. I'm excited to see what name you pick!