Saturday, June 13, 2009

House Update

For those of you who don't know, we are in the process of buying a house. It has been a long and painful process because we decided on a short sale, but we feel good about the house and hope that everything works out. We got into contract on June 2nd and since then it's been a roller coaster of emotions. One day things seem really great and like they are moving forward, and then the next it seems like the bottom falls out. Who knew that buying a house would be so much stress?!?!?!? Hopefully we will be able to close on our loan at the end of next week or the beginning of the following week. Cross your fingers. We have to be out of our apartment by June 30th and the house (which we have named Rocky) needs some love before we move in so we were hoping to have at least a week or so to get things done. Needless to say, we'll be cutting it close. But with the help of family and friends, hopefully things can go fast. While this whole process has been frustrating, we are grateful to be able to buy a house at this time and look forward to raising our family there for the next little while. Now we just pray it all works out :) Here's a picture of our hopeful home Rocky

7 comments:

Brian_n_Amy said...

Wow Whit. That is really nice. Where is it at? Good luck. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Kellee said...

Wow! It looks beautiful! I'm excited for you guys and hope the process picks up so you can have that time you need.

Trent and Whit said...

Sorry, I didn't say where the house is at. . .it's in South Jordan.

Erin said...

South Jordan is closer to me! YAY! I've been thinking about you a lot. Let me know when I can come watch Jane so you guys can pack and work on Rocky! My fingers are crossed.

Michelle Evans said...

Wow! Congratulations! I hear from lots of people that is quite a ride, but so so worth it! Everything will work out! I love the name!

Cher said...

that DOES look really nice. so cute. before you know it you'll be in there snuggling your new little guy. only 27 days left???

Amylee said...

How did I miss this post?! The house looks awesome! I can't wait to see the inside when it is all "Basset-ized". There better be some serious color in there, that's all I have to say!!!!