Monday, August 3, 2009

We had quite a month here in our little family. It seemed like in July it was one thing after another and before we knew it, August had come. Here's a quick overview of the events of this past month:

July 3: Move into our new home!

July 6: Welcome to the world Grant (aka Chompy)!

July 14: Trent's 27th birthday

July 16: Chompy forgets how to breastfeed

July 21: fed Chompy a bottle, he threw it up, choked, and we ended up in the ER. Chompy then remembers how to breastfeed.

July 24: My dear Grandma suffered a "major brain bleed". There's nothing the doctors can do. My dad and Aunt took her home with Hospice care. She remains in a coma.
July 29: Happy Anniversary to us! Here's to 4 years, and a million more to come. I love you, Trent!

July31: My little brother got married to his high school sweetheart, Katrina.

It's been a very busy month. We are hoping that August is a bit more calm. . .

8 comments:

Erin said...

How was your brother's wedding? You look so beautiful in your wedding picture! Every time I drive by the Delta Center, I think of your reception. I'm sorry about your Grandma.

I can't wait to meet Grant. Speaking of which, I'll give you a call and see when works for you!

Cher said...

wow, that was quite the month. sorry about your grandma. :(
i also love your wedding pic, so cute.
btw, i have a new blog. it's http://chermylife2.blogspot.com/

Amylee said...

My heck! The pictures about breastfeeding are simply hysterical. I can't wait to meet that little guy. I am still so sorry about your sweet Grandma. I hope that your family is doing okay dealing with it. You are all amazing people. And, last but not least, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I'm sure glad you married Trent so that my husband could have a buddy, and that you could make cute kids for my kids to play with.

kalie said...

WOW! Happy anniversary. Just love seeing your updates. Those pictures of Chompy are ADORABLE.

Nina said...

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I really have not checked facebook until now. I am so excited that you blog. I have thought about you a lot over the years and wondered how your life was going for you. You were such a sweet friend, and now I can follow your life. :) Congratulations on your cute family.

Shiree said...

I love the grumpy and then happy pictures of Chompy. Good luck with your calm August. :) You deserve it.

Tiff-E said...

Whew! You guys are definitely keepin in real in the drama department! I'm hoping for your sakes too, that August is nice and chill...at least the last half now... Your little Chompy is adorable, and I could not be happier he's nursing now...too bad he had to be pushed to the edge to do it, eh. Oh man, kids sure know how to push us to our edge too! Hope Jane has learned to be soft with the little man, and hope you are adjusting well to 2 kiddaroos, it's not always easy! Oh...and I'm a little out of the loop...where did you guys move to?

Michelle Evans said...

You've had quite the summer! What a ride! Your little family is so darling! Congratulations for all the great things that are happening! Love you guys! Love, the Evans family