Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

So I've been a slacker on blogging lately so I've posted 5 new posts tonight. Be sure to scroll down. . .

Tonight we carved our pumpkins. Jane has been looking forward to this since we pulled out the Halloween decorations. We'd mention pumpkins and she'd say, "I cut it, I cut the pumpkin. . ." And tonight she got her chance. She loved playing in the pumpkin guts--squishing her fingers through them and pulling them from the pumpkin. She saw that we were drawing on the pumpkins (to plan out where to cut) so I drew on hers, cut it out, and then ran upstairs for a minute. When I came back down, she'd grabbed the marker and drawn all over her pumpkin! It wasn't only a carved pumpkin, now it was an art masterpiece! Trent did an awesome "Jack the Pumpkin King" face--he always is so creative! Chompy slept through the whole thing, but we carved a little pumpkin for him anyway. Now with the pumpkins carved, the candy bought, the house decorated, and the costumes done we are ready for Halloween!The ArtistJane and her pumpkin (somewhat cleaned off) She gave it a hug and said, "I love you, pun-kin!"The finished products

3 comments:

Amylee said...

That's my Whitney- keeping up the holiday spirit! Great pumpkins! I love Jack Skellington the most :). You are a busy family. I wish I did more than stay home and watch horror movies! Love your BONES!

The Judd Family said...

I just loved reading all your posts. I sure miss going to your apartment and seeing your place all decorated cute. Good times! I loved the pictures of your pumpkins and Jane riding the goat. You guys looked so cute in your Halloween costumes. I just miss ya tons. Kelli has been sick this week, so hopefully we can get together soon. Have a happy Halloween!

Erin said...

They look great! Jane is quite the little artist. I think we're going to skip carving this year. I'm lazy!