Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick or Treat

Holidays are so much more fun with kids around, that's for darn sure! We took Jane trick-or-treating this year and she loved it! She had been practicing all month and now it was go-time! The first house we went to, she knocked, they answered, she said, "trick-or-treat" quietly, and then they put a handful of candy in her bag. She lit up like Christmas!!! At the next house, she was more confident with her "trick-or-treat" and even added a "thank you!" when given candy. As we turned to walk down the steps she happily announced, "Next house!" We made it all the way around our block and as soon as she got inside our house, she started pulling out her loot and eating as fast as she could! She even liked it when other kids came to our house to trick-or-treat. It was a "one-for-them-one-for-me" kind of a deal with her sneaking candy from our bowl every time I'd go to hand it to the kids on the porch. I was, however, very disappointed in the amount of trick-or-treaters we got this year. We live in a neighborhood abundant with children and we only got maybe 10 groups of trick-or-treaters! I still have 2 heaping bowls of candy that I have no idea what to do with! oh well, I'll save it for next year. . .that will teach them!
Jane all set to go out

Jane and Grant

Knocking on doors. . .

The best way to trick-or-treat. . .ride the whole way.

Jane getting into her loot

A happy boy
Yep, she fell asleep in her costume. She refused to take if off for bed. I went in hours later to remove the dress so that she could sleep comfortably and as soon as I touched it she woke up screaming, "MY DRESS!!!!!" Our little Sleeping Beauty :)

8 comments:

The Judd Family said...

That is a hilarious story. I love Jane! She is so adorable. We didn't get very many trick-or-treaters either. It looks like you guys had a great time.

Amylee said...

Jane definitely has the princess thing down! That is hysterical. She is one of a kind, that Janie pants. Grant is so cute. I wish I got to be pushed around in a stroller :).

Mindi said...

What a fun Halloween! I hope she eventually let her take that dress off! How cute! Miss you!

Erin said...

Jane is one cute princess. I love her sleeping in the dress. Tyler wanted to live in his robot costume too. Grant's smile makes me melt!

Kate said...

what a darling princess! i love how she slept in her dress, so funny!!

Cher said...

how adorable! love both the costumes

Mike and Corie said...

what cute kids you have! she really does make a beautiful little princess! I can't believe how they have grown.. we need to get together soon.
would you like to see "new Moon" with me?
we'll leave the kids with Mike and Trent!

chip and bex said...

your kids are so cute! hope you guys are doing well! we miss you in the village :)