Thursday, February 11, 2010

Obsessed with Vinyl

So my awesome husband got me a Cricut machine for Christmas. I'd been wanting one for a while but didn't know just how much I'd enjoy the thing. I've been able to cut things for cards and for Jane and recently, thanks to a creative sister-in-law, I've been turned on to vinyl. I got all excited to get vinyl and get going. I bought some from e-bay then found out I'd gotten the wrong stuff so I sold that on ksl.com and went to the supply store my sis-in-law told me about. I went nuts! I bought yards and yards of vinyl, transfer tape, and a squeegee to apply it. I've had a blast playing with different fonts and finding different sayings to put up on the walls. Our house is starting to look like a scrapbook! But I'm having fun. So if anyone wants to play with vinyl, give me a call--I'm always game!

Play Room

Grant's room

Jane's dresser

Above the Pantry in the Kitchen ( I know I'm missing an accent. . .I'm working on it!)

Above the washer and dryer

11 comments:

Kate said...

i love it, they are all so cute! i especially like the laundry one!

Kellee said...

What a fun thing to have and the things you're making look so fun! I laughed when I read your quote in your laundry room! My mom did vinyl in her bathroom that says something to the effect of soap to the hands is like laughter to the soul. I'll have to get the exact quote, it sounds much better than my paraphrasing!

Erin said...

I love it! Once we move into a house, I'll be giving you a call.

Cher said...

oooh, looking nice! i've wanted to do that for a while, i didn't know you could do it with the cricut!

Ryan & Michelle said...

I LOVE your quote for the laundry room!! We are re-doing ours and I'm thinking that would make an excellent addition to the decor. Vinyl lettering is sooo awesome and is HUGE in the craft world. You should maybe think of starting a little etsy store or something. Love ya!

Amylee said...

Ha ha! The "Laundry today or naked tomorrow" saying is the greatest! For some reason I couldn't get the fonts to pull up that you e-mailed me, but I really like the font that you used on Jane's dresser.

The Judd Family said...

It looks super cute! I love it! I noticed in your top picture that you have a little play kitchen. Kelli has that exact same one. That is awesome!

Nina said...

I have a cricut but I haven't figured out the vinyl thing. I would love to learn how. Those are soooo cute!

Amy & Milo said...

Ha ha! Love the laundry room!!

Mike and Corie said...

I Love vinyl I think its so fun and you get to make things totally unique and your own!
good job! I Love it all.
I think my favorite is the princess dresser, probably because I never really thought about puting it on stuff like that!
I'm gonna do some more thinking about this!! haha

Shiree said...

That sad truth about laundry... (looks great!)