Thursday, April 23, 2009

So Much to be Happy about!

So the sun is shining and it's 70 something degrees outside and although there have been bumps in the road the past few days, it's hard to even notice them with beautiful sunny days like these! I don't know what it is about sun, green grass, singing birds, the need for AC, and the ability to wear flip flops that just makes everything more bearable. I so desperately want to go swimming at a water park and spend the day in a tank top and sunglasses sipping on a slurpee!!!! Ah, the good old days :) But since the recent climb in spirits, I'd just like to share some of the things that have made me so happy lately!

*The smell of freshly cut grass and the sound of lawnmowers.
*Flowers EVERYWHERE!
*Wearing flip flops and sandals (no socks!!!!)
*Being able to go outside everyday without a jacket
*Sidewalk chalk and bubbles
*Popsicles (particularly the twin pops--classic!)
*BBQs.
*Gardening
*The intoxicating smell of sunscreen
*Fantasising about Cherry Hill and Raging Waters
*The sky staying light until late
*playing outside games
and unrelated to the good weather. . .
*Going to Wicked this Saturday!!!
*My birthday in a week and a half
*TRENT'S GRADUATION!!!!!!!!!! May 7
*A trip to Seattle-May 8
*Going camping right after coming home from Seattle
*Jane's second birthday on May 15th
*Hopefully getting into a house soon. . .
*Meeting our son in July
*Trent being employed in the tough economy
*Produce sales
*Public transportation

What's making you happy lately?

9 comments:

Erin said...

I agree about flip flops. It's taken my feet like four days, but they are finally used to them again. I also LOVE not needing a jacket at sunset. We also BBQ last night. Fabulous!

I too am excited for our birthdays coming up! And I'm just jealous for you to be going to Wicked. Enjoy it for both of us.

Cher said...

You're going to Seattle? Do you already have your plans made? We just went last summer, it was great. The two most beautiful places we visited were Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, and the Seattle arboretum. So beautiful. you can see some of the pics we took, if you're interested, on our travel blog: http://brentoliverstravels.blogspot.com/

kalie said...

Reading your blog made me happy! Also, eating chocolate from my candy jar (a reward meant for students but subsidized and thus eaten!!! by me).

Kelli said...

What a great list! Life is good, right? Thanks for making my day!

Tiff-E said...

Way to be. And yes, you really have a TON to look forward to...seriously, I'm jealous. All I have is James' graduation coming up, which is enough I guess, but compared to your list, I need to get some more goin on... He he he! Where are you guys lookin for houses???

Amylee said...

Well, I can tell you what's NOT making me happy: Not going to Wicked!!!! I am green with envy.

And here's what makes me happy:

*Walking outside tonight at 10PM and it was warm.
*The end of the semester, and the end of school for me... for a few years anyway.
*New Grey's and Private Practice.
*Playing at the park.
*Being 30 weeks :o)
*$3 baby dresses from Wal-Mart. Gotta love that!
*Seeing Beethoven's Ninth on Saturday.
*YOU, YOU AND YOU!!!!!

Amanda said...

Houses in OHIO right?!

madbug said...

Whit! I love reading your blog! It makes me so glad we can still keep in touch after all these years!

I am so excited for the next few months for you! Hope all is well!

XOXO
Cass

Perry's said...

OH how I love warm weather and all that comes with. Just reading this made me happy - thanks!