Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bye Bye Bink

Well, we've finally done it. We've had Jane say good-bye to her best friend Bink. They've had a great relationship these past two years but it was time they parted ways. She's been without Bink for a whole week now! Last Thursday we were cleaning her room and I asked her to throw away her binkies. She had no problem tossing the first one. . . she hesitated on the second one, then ran over, grabbed Grant's binky and went to toss that too. She was ok until nap time. Needless to say, she missed her friend. She's doing much better now--she doesn't even cry going to sleep at night (nap time she cries, but just for a minute.)

Trent made her a chart so that every time she goes to sleep at night without her Bink, she gets a sticker, and when she gets 10 stickers (we had to make sure it was permanent), she will get her big girl bed. We have three more nights left. . . We're so proud of you, Jane! Way to be a Big Girl!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Good job Jane! You can tell her that Tyler loves his big boy bed. All the big kids are doing it :)

I hope she is feeling better today. And even more I hope you got some rest.

Nina said...

That is such a good idea! I'll have to suggest that when I have parents asking how to e3ncourage their child to ditch the binkie. By the way she is soo stinken cute!

Amylee said...

Way to go girl! I remember taking Will's binki away, and I think it was harder for me than it was for him. I can't wait to see Jane's big girl bed! She's such a cutie! (I wanted to call her "Nugget" for some reason, but I can't quite figure out why...)

Jen said...

Yay for Jane! Have fun with the big girl bed. We're proud of you!

Jocelyn Kay said...

You guys really are the best parents. We love you :)

The Judd Family said...

Horray! I'm glad that worked out. Those 1st nights without binkies are dreadful. Jane is sure cute and growing up fast. Kelli said that today she was going to make Jane a birthday cake. So she got into all of my dish towels and hot pads, piled them up, and called it Jane's birthday cake. I thought it was kind of funny. Kelli misses Jane.