Sunday, September 27, 2009

September

So I've come to the point where I'm blogging once a month--I just don't spend the time I used to on the blog. So here is this past month in review.

Grant had his 2 month check up. He's a healthy boy! He weighs 12 lbs now (as much as Jane weighed in at her 4 month check up!) He's smiling more, cooing, and loves to kick his sturdy little legs! He's growing up so fast. . . We gave him his first hair cut right before his blessing. The top had all fallen out and the back was long (I hate mullets!) so we got out Trent's clippers and got everything about the same length.
With Jane, the "terrible two's" are upon us. She has found her sense of independence and goes to great lengths to do everything by herself. She was upgraded to a big girl bed and it was great for about a week. Now she likes to wake up around 5:30 am and come in and wake us up for the day. As fun as that's been, we need more sleep! She talks non-stop--even when no one is around. Her favorite phrases are: "That's so funny!" "Don't push me!" "I do it by myself" "No!" and "How fun!". She is suddenly obsessed with Disney Princesses, most of all, Sleeping Beauty. Everything needs to be princesses. And although she's only seen 2 Princess movies (Sleeping Beauty and Aladdin) she knows the names of all the Disney Princesses. She now has Princess pj's, princess sheets, princess hair accessories, princess toys, princess books, and a princess play box. Her favorite song is "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream. . ." and will sing and dance to it whenever there is a dull moment or when she's trying to go to sleep. Makes me miss being little. :)
Trent is enjoying his job and works hard on our house/yard. Our front lawn has become is personal project and he is so meticulous about it--mowing, edging, seeding. He's also started P90X (a workout program) and is really loving it. Our basement is his new gym.

I learned how to can this past week. My wonderful mother came down and we spent the day canning pears and peaches and it was such a blast! I also made/finished my first quilt ever. It was Jane's new Princess quilt for her bed. I think it turned out great, not perfect, but still great for my first one. I also got a new do. I wanted something different but didn't want to chop off all my hair, so I compromised with bangs. I'm still getting used to them.
We've had an interesting month and are looking forward to Fall, Halloween, and cooler weather.

8 comments:

Brian_n_Amy said...

Super cute quilt Whit. I love your hairdo! Cute, cute, cute!

Mindi said...

Wow sounds like you guys are having so much fun! I would still love to meet grant sometime when you are free. Give me a ring!

Erin said...

It was wonderful to see you last week. You look amazing, the house is great and the kids couldn't be cuter. You tell them that I said they need to let you sleep!

Jenny said...

I love your bangs! I can't believe how much Jane is saying. She's grown up so fast. Hope you're all doing well!

The Judd Family said...

I love the quilt! I bet Jane loves it too. She is sure cute. Your bangs are dang cute! You pull that off nicely.

Amylee said...

You made a quilt. Wow. And you have two kids while you made said quilt. Double wow. I feel like it is post worthy to say I made dinner!!!! It looks awesome. Your kids are so cute- I can't believe how quickly Grant is growing. Your hair is gorgeous... it reminds me of how bad I need a change too! I love you, friend!

Mike and Corie said...

Great job on the quilt! It is really cute. Speaking of Cute.. you are looking mighty cute, Love the hair! Its getting long! (I really miss my long hair) You do NOT look like you've just had a baby. What is your secret? seriously? I need HELP!
haha. LOVE THE BLOG

Na said...

CUTE bangs!