Monday, September 7, 2009

Grant's Blessing

Yesterday was Grant's Blessing. We had originally planned on blessing him the first Sunday in August (the Sunday after my little brother's wedding) but because of unforseen events, we had to postpone it. I was worried that he would no longer fit in his blessing outfit. . . so I tried it on him. It was a snug fit but as I was taking it off to go exchange it, he spit-up all down the front so snug fit it was.

The night before the blessing, I got really sick. I'm still not certain whether it was something I ate or the little flu bug Jane had earlier in the week but it rocked me. The next morning I felt somewhat better but then Trent started to get sick. All that aside, the blessing itself was beautiful. Trent did a great job and so did Grant (no crying or pooping during the prayer!). We are truely blessed to have this little guy in our family!
Most of the men who helped bless little Grant

The Larsens

The Bassetts (most of them, anyways. . .)

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so sorry you guys were still sick. I hope you are feeling better today! You are looking fantastic! Let me know what works for you this week.

Amylee said...

Jane looks so big in her little bed! So sorry about the flu; it came through our house last week as well. He sure is a handsome little guy. Glad you all survived the day!

The Judd Family said...

That is exciting that Grant had his baby blessing. That is a neat experience. Congrats on Jane getting her new bed. She looks so cute laying in it. How is she doing sleeping in it? Hope it's going well.