Sunday, July 11, 2010

Farmington 5K

Yesterday I ran the Farmington city 5K. Around May of this year I had decided it was time I took up running. Then I broke my toe. So I've just started running in the past two weeks and what better way to celebrate than with a race! My friend Nic got me to run this same race 5 years ago and boy did I complain like I was going to die so I decided to take a fresh, positive approach this time and it was so fun! My time wasn't the best (39 mins) but I had fun and felt accomplished and that's all that matters! After the race there was a big breakfast and then my mom brought the kids over for the parade. I was surprisingly impressed with the Farmington parade! Almost every single float/car threw candy or coupons or shirts or toys. Jane was on cloud nine! Bubba was super tired and hot and ended up sleeping through half of it. What a fun Saturday!

8 comments:

Mike and Corie said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! and you look great!!
I am so sad I missed the birthday party for Grant. We we to bear lake for the 4th with a whole bunch of family.
can't wait for this weekend! friend reunion!

Shiree said...

How fun. Great work. In my pregnant state, I am actually jealous of people running races. It sounds so fun to be able to move. :) All in good time... I am glad your toe healed up in time, though. Grant is looking so cute and grown up.

Erin said...

Go Whitney! Great job on the run. I've never been to the Farmington parade. Sounds like a great day!

The Judd Family said...

That is wonderful that you ran a 5K! I am so glad that you have started running again. I can't wait to start up running again.

Amylee said...

That's great Whit! I'm so proud of you! I'm sad I missed out. Maybe next year? I miss you and Nic more than I miss autumn.

Na said...

Go Whitney!

kalie said...

You little runner you!

Amy & Milo said...

Way to go Whit!! Love the pics!!