Sunday, July 4, 2010

Grant's First 4th

Today is Grant's first 4th of July! (He missed it last year by two days!) With the holiday landing on Sunday we decided to celebrate on the 3rd. To be honest, we spent most of the day sleeping to recover from the past few days of cake making(see post below) and Grant's first birthday party(post to come). But last night we went to Grandma and Grandpa Bassetts' house for dinner and to watch the neighbor's firework show. I was so proud of Jane--last year she was scared to even look at the fireworks and this year she held sparklers all by herself! The neighbors put on quite an impressive show, but close to the end Grant was so tired he fell asleep. Too much excitement I guess.

Grant watching the fireworks with Grandpa Bassett.
The cousins snuggled on a blanket to watch the show.
All Tuckered Out.

4 comments:

The Judd Family said...

Awesome job on the cake! That sounds like a ton of work. When you said 1 car wreak, what exactly did that mean? Are you ok? I can't believe Grant is a year old! I swear you just had him. I can't believe how fast time flies!

Erin said...

I love the picture of all the cousins snuggled in. I can't believe Grant is going to be one!

Vivian said...

Grant must share a birthday with Xander! July 6th? He missed his first by 2 days too!

Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.