Friday, May 3, 2013

Losing It

So around November of last year, I was going through a hard time.  My doctor started me on a new medication and the side effects were awful!  In 2 1/2 months I gained 17 lbs.  I was the biggest I have ever been, not pregnant.  I needed a change.

I got off of that med and Trent and I decided to do a program called "Feel Great in 8".  It's a fitness an nutrition tracking system and you compete against one another for 8 weeks.  We started towards the end of January and it was hard at first.  But as time went on I was feeling better and had more energy an felt more in control of my life. 

The 8 weeks ended and I tried to still stick with the tracking.  I do Zumba twice a week and run once to twice a week. 

I am so proud to say that as of today, I have lost 15 lbs!!!!  All but 2 of the 17 I gained!!!  I feel great and  look forward to losing the next 7!!!

3 comments:

Amylee said...

Wow!!!! Way to go, Whit. Isn't it interesting how nutrition can have such a huge effect on your life? Keep it up. I need to be more like you.

kalie said...

So inspiring!!!! The food is the hardest part. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

YAY WHIT!! You can do it!