Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BFFs

Lately Jane and Grant have been the sweetest little friends. It makes me think back to when Trent and I started feeling we should have another kid. The feeling we both got was, "Jane needs a buddy" and I'm so glad we got her one! These two are so dang funny together! Jane loves to boss Grant around and he's happy to ignore her. They love to squish into the toy car together (mainly because neither one wants to let the other have a turn) and ride around the deck laughing as they go. On Sunday, I caught them in Jane's room having a read-a-thon. Jane had unloaded an entire shelf of their bookcase into her room and there they sat "reading" books and having a good time. Yesterday I found them in Bubba's room with an assortment of objects and Jane explained they were having "preschool" and that she was the teacher, Miss Jane. I'm so happy that these two get along so well. I'm so grateful that we got Jane a buddy, and I'm so glad it was Bubba.

Speaking of The Bubba: we thought he was our calm kid. Not so. Lately he has turned into this mischievous little guy getting into everything and destroying anything he can get his hands on. The TV buttons are his favorite, right up there with remotes, the computer keyboard, and anything that belongs to Jane. He has also shown a complete dislike for naps, much to my dismay. Luckily I've got him back to at least one a day but for a while there, he was refusing naps all together. I don't get it--he is so active all the time it tires me out just watching him. I don't know how he doesn't just crash. He has also shown a new interest in dancing. It cracks us up! Every time he hears music with a catchy beat, he starts bobbing, swinging his arms, and grinning from ear to ear. He's always been obsessed with music--every time he hears music or an instrument being played, he stops whatever he's doing and is totally engrossed. But now he's taking his love of music to a physical level and it's so fun to watch. He's growing up way too fast!

4 comments:

Nina said...

That is so cute that they get in the little car together!

Erin said...

I'm hoping that will someday happen with Tyler and Hannah. Deep down, Grant is still a good natured boy, he's just seeing his limites. I'm still jealous of your kitchen.

Amylee said...

Trouble with a capital T!!! He's so cute though. I'm glad they are good friends. I've heard that having two close together like that is hard for the first 18 months or so, but then it is easier because they have a playmate. Looks like it's true!

Amy & Milo said...

Ha ha - how cute are these pics!! I love Jane and Grant!!