Thursday, October 21, 2010

Field Trip!

Jane's preschool goes on a field trip once a month. Last month they went to Thanksgiving Point's farm. It was so fun and interesting. Jane and Grant loved watching and feeding the animals, going on a tractor-wagon ride, and learning about the animals. Jane was even brave enough to go on a pony ride!! I was so proud of her!Petting the calfLearning about what we get from sheepPetting a bunnyJane on her pony ride!
This month, the preschool went to a local pumpkin patch. They did a fun scavenger hunt, walked through a short corn maze, went on a hay ride, and got to sit up on various tractors. Grant stayed home with Trent for this one, so it was just Jane and I exploring this fun autumn location.
The corn maze
Taking a rest and having a snackJane and Gracie riding the tractor Farmer JaneI was so nervous for Jane to start preschool. Maybe it's something to do with my baby growing up. I don't know. But I have been so impressed with how well she is doing. She is learning and growing and making friends and absolutely loves going to preschool. Her teacher pulled me aside and told me she's ahead of the whole class on her letters (she has passed off the entire alphabet in capitals and is now working on her lower case letters.) I'm so proud of my Jane. What a smarty pants!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Jane looks like a natural on the tractor! Tyler's class takes monthly field trips too. It is fun to see them discover and explore. Oh, and you are wonderful! I love you more than my luggage.

Amylee said...

Way to go Jane! What a smart girl. I bet it has been fun to go to the field trips with her. I'm looking forward to my next one with Will and in participating in the Halloween activity day. Preschool is my favorite thing ever!