Sunday, October 17, 2010

This is Halloween

This Saturday was the annual Bassett family Halloween party. We found out a week before when the party would be and at that point, I'd bought all the fabric to make costumes for Jane, Grant, and Trent. Needless to say, I spent much of last week at the sewing machine. But it paid off. While I still need to finish Grant's dinosaur hood and Trent's tunic, I got the costumes done just in time for the party.As always, Cathy B put on a great party! We had an excellent lunch followed by games and treats and good times. It was so fun to see all the kids dressed up and Jane and Grant had a blast!
Later that night, we left Grant with Trent's parents and took Jane to go on a "Halloween Cruise" on the Provo river. It was fun to spend one on one time with her and she loved the Pirates and the pumpkins.
Tonight we are watching, "The Nightmare Before Christmas"--a classic, in my book. There is a chill in the air, the sky is gray, and it smells like fall. This is Halloween----and I LOVE IT!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I've never met anyone who loves Halloween more than you...and that is one of the reasons I love you! Maybe I'll have you make my kids costumes in the years to come. Yours turned out great!

Mike and Corie said...

You are an amazing little seamstress! good job, I had no idea you had such talent.
I am really looking forward to seeing you guys again!

Amylee said...

I totally started singing "This is Halloween, this is Halloween..." as soon as I saw your post title! Ha! I love you! Your costumes are amazing! Jane's dress is so perfect. You are quite the seamstress. I need to be more like you.

Cher said...

wow, you sewed those? amazing.

The Judd Family said...

Wow! You are amazing at sewing! Great job. The pictures look cute. I'm planning on coming to your house soon. Hopefully next week will work out. Let me know if that will work for you.