Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

Here's hoping that everyone had a great 4th of July! We had a blast this year. It started with a bang the night before when our bro-in-law accidentally ran a motorcycle into the side of a blazer. He went to the ER and found out that he'd broken his collar bone. Poor guy! the next morning we went with Trent's family to Utah lake for a day of swimming, jet skiing, and boating. Jane loved the water except when we made her wear a life jacket. Trent spent very little time on land affirming to us that he is indeed part fish. And I tried wake boarding!! I didn't make it up, but at least I tried. Then when we got back to the boat dock, I was trying to step from the boat to the dock and the boat moved a bit and I totally biffed it!! I have bruises up and down my leg and on my hip. Ahh, good times! Later that night Trent, Jane, and I went to Sugarhouse park to watch the fireworks. They were beautiful but we left before the grand finale to beat traffic and get to bed. What a wonderful holiday!
Jane and I swimming in the water

Trent wake boarding. He does tricks!

I almost got up. . .just not quite there.Jane enjoying fireworks at the park!

1 comment:

Amylee said...

Sugarhouse brings back such fond memories :o). Remember how I went to NYC and saw Coldplay for FREE at the Today Show? I had to tell you because I thought of you the entire time! Miss you guys!