Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Shady Deal

So we needed to fill up the other day and we found a gas station who's sign said $4.15 a gallon. This is not a spectacular price but we were on empty and the other gas stations around it had the same price so we pulled in and filled up the tank. When it was done pumping and the reciept printed, Trent noticed that we had paid $4.20 a gallon instead. He went into the cashier to explain the over charge and the cashier told him to look closer at the sign. in tiny little letters, only legible if you are feet from the sign, it read "cash". So you only got that gas at $4.15 a gallon if you paid in cash. RIP OFF!!! I think that is so shady especially in a time where gas prices are outrageous and hurting everyone to advertise like that. And who has over $50 in cash off hand to get gas? Blah. I need a bike.

And for all you Twilight fans out there, I hope Jocob gets the girl! :) Can't wait for the new book! Happy Reading.

4 comments:

tysqui said...

Yeah, that happened to us once at a gas station in Roy. Needless to say, there are plenty of other stations that will appreciate my business.

Erin said...

We will need to have a book club to dicuss what happens in Breaking Dawn once I'm in Utah. And all I really have to say is Edward ;)

Amylee said...

Jerks.

I heard a theory that Bella marries Jacob, but she is pregnant with Edward's child. It made me laugh! Happy reading to you! (You should read The Time Traveler's Wife. It was the most beautiful book ever).

kalie said...

AGREED that we need a summit on the Twilight series. I am about 1/3 the way through the book and not ready to talk yet (though I am thrilled to say that although she doesn't end up with Jacob, I was right about one thing!!!!!!)